Speak clearer English with this English Pronunciation Course for Cantonses Speaking Professionals.
Would you like to sound more like a native English speaker?
Do you sometimes feel frustrated with your spoken English?
- Speak clear professional English
- Increase your career opportunities with confident spoken English
- Comprehensive Online course with phone training
- Access your training online, anytime, anywhere
- An easy to follow, flexible course that is effective and proven
We have a new award winning course for Cantonese speakers. You’ll love it & achieve outstanding results.
More on what you will improve with this course
Because your first language is Cantonese it means that it is likely you speak English with an accent. This accent occurs because some of the sounds and rhythms of English are different to Cantonese and these are challenging for you make. With this course you will correct all of these difficult areas of English Pronunciation, making your English clear and easy for people to understand.
With our step-by-step video lessons for Cantonese speakers you will be guided through correcting:
- rate of speech – many Cantonese speakers need to improve how fast or how slow they speak English
- volume of speech
- mouth position – the mouth positions are different to Cantonese.
- Vowel sounds – Cantonese speakers make many of the long English vowels too short.
- Word endings – do you sometimes leave the endings off your words?
- Consonant Sounds – are sounds such as /l/, /r/, /n/, /v/ and ‘th’ unclear?
- The past tense – do you forget the past tense? Do you pronounce past tense endings correctly and with confidence?
- Rhythm of words – does your English sound flat? Do you stress the wrong parts of words?
- Stress in a sentence – We emphasise some words in our sentences. Are you highlighting key words?
- and MUCH more – in addition to the lessons on the areas listed above you will access over 20 bonus lessons to help you with difficult areas like ‘how to say the vowels in ‘cot’ ‘caught’ ‘coat’, ‘Pronouncing ‘walk’ and ‘work’, ‘Pronunciation for Job interviews’, ‘pronouncing numbers’, ‘Irregular Past Tense’ and lots more.
The areas listed above affect how clear your English will be. Problems with speech clarity can mean that you can lack confidence with spoken English and worry about how you sound and being understood.
Improving your pronunciation is easy with our video lessons. You see your teacher as you learn and you can repeat lessons if you want. You will see clips of real Cantonese speakers speaking English – so you will see exactly what you need to change. You will improve and practice your new sounds when you on the move with the Listen-and-Repeat MP3 audio downloads.
Improve your spoken English today with our English Pronunciation Course for Cantonese Speakers
With this 15 week course you will:
- Correct the areas of English pronunciation that are difficult for Cantonese speakers.
- Take 1 on-demand video lesson each week (or make up your own schedule – you can also repeat lessons). Written notes included.
- Practice between lessons with the MP3 audio downloads. Keep these for future practice & revision.
- Take any of the 23 bonus lessons for extra learning and improvement.
- Have over 20 hours of training at your finger tips.
- Ask your teacher questions at any time for support and feedback.
- Monitor your progress with speech check recordings and quizzes.
- Add the course to your resume & receive a certificate of completion.
Have your pronunciation assessed.
Send us a recording of your speech and receive detailed audio feedback and a written report on your pronunciation, recorded by a Star Pronunciation Speech Pathologist and accent expert. To purchase an assessment choose ‘Star Master’ in the course purchase options below. Online English Pronunciation Assessments.
Invest in your future
Choose one of the following 15 week courses for clear, correct and confident English Pronunciation.
We recommend a good ADSL or broadband / cable internet connection to stream your video lessons.
See our pricing plan to compare options in more detail
How will I know if I’m improving without a face-to-face teacher?
Is this course as good as face-to-face training?
Why is this course better than a Book with CD?
Will my employer pay for this training?
Will the training improve my listening skills?
What teaching method does the teacher use?
Visit our FAQs page for answers to these questions and more.
Start improving your spoken English today with our course – English Pronunciation for Cantonese Speakers.