Speak clearer English with this English Pronunciation Course for Russian Speaking Professionals.
Would you like to sound more like a native English speaker?
Do you sometimes feel frustrated with your spoken English?
- Speak clear professional English
- Increase your career opportunities with confident spoken English
- Comprehensive Online course with phone training
- Access your training online, anytime, anywhere
- An easy to follow, flexible course that is effective and proven
We have a new award winning course for Russian speakers. You’ll love it & achieve outstanding results.
More on what you will improve with this course
Because your first language is Russian it means that it is likely you speak English with a ‘Russian accent’. This Russian accent occurs because some of the sounds and rhythms of English are different to Russian and these are challenging for you make. With this course you will correct all of these difficult areas of English Pronunciation, making your English clear and easy for people to understand.
With our step-by-step video lessons you will be guided through correcting:
- rate of speaking
- volume of speaking
- mouth position – the mouth position used for Russian is different to English
- Vowel sounds – Russian speakers make many long vowels in English too short.
- /v/ – most Russian speaker confuse the sounds /v/ and /w/ (eg /v/ in ‘visit’ and /w/ in ‘work’) when they speak.
- /w/ – do you pronounce /v/ and /w/ correctly in all words?
- ‘th’ – the sound ‘th’ is mispronounced by Russian speakers
- The past tense – do you sometimes forget the past tense? Do you pronounce the ending correctly and with confidence?
- Rhythm of words – does your English sound flat? Do you stress the wrong parts of words?
- Stress in a sentence – We emphasise some words in our sentences. Are you highlighting key words correctly?
- and MUCH more – in addition to the lessons on the areas listed above you will access over 20 bonus lessons to help you with difficult areas like ‘Linking in English’, ‘Pronouncing ‘walk’ and ‘work’, ‘Pronunciation for Job interviews’, ‘Small Talk’, ‘Irregular Past Tense’ and lots more.
The areas listed above affect how clear your English will be. Problems with speech clarity can mean that you can lack confidence with spoken English and worry about how you sound and being understood.
Improving your pronunciation is easy with our video lessons. You see your teacher as you learn and you can repeat lessons if you want. You will see clips of real non-native speakers speaking English – so you will see exactly what you need to change. You will improve and practice your new sounds from your phone with the Listen-and-Repeat MP3 audio downloads.
Have your pronunciation assessed.
Send us a recording of your speech and receive detailed audio feedback and a written report on your pronunciation, recorded by a Star Pronunciation Speech Pathologist and accent expert. To purchase an assessment choose ‘Star Master’ in the course purchase options below. Online English Pronunciation Assessments.
Invest in your future
Choose one of the following 15 week courses for clear, correct and confident English Pronunciation.
We recommend a good ADSL or broadband / cable internet connection to stream your video lessons.
See our pricing plan to compare options in more detail
How will I know if I’m improving without a face-to-face teacher?
Is this course as good as face-to-face training?
Why is this course better than a Book with CD?
Will my employer pay for this training?
Will the training improve my listening skills?
What teaching method does the teacher use?
Visit our FAQs page for answers to these questions and more.